Monday, November 3, 2008

Belated

Months ago Blake let me know that all he wanted to be for Halloween is a Mariachi Singer. For purely selfish reasons I have tried to steer him in another direction (have you tried to find a pattern for a Traje de Charro for a 5 year old??) It turned out to be a lot less annoying that I thought, I only had to scrap one jacket. The boys had a great time earning their body weight in candy. Christmas gifts are in the making now and the Thanksgiving Tofurkey will be on order this week, how quickly this year is coming to an end. I hope you all had a Happy Halloween and you manage to find something creative to do with a childs weight in candy, any ideas??


 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Theresa said...

At Muir in 2nd and 3rd grade a lot of us donated some of our candy to an orphanage in TJ that one of the teachers would take lots of stuff too... Yeah really random. Those kids totally needed candy too. But it's a thought!

Amelia said...

That is one of the coolest costumes I have ever seen. my kids always want to be something mundane.

Hyena In Petticoats said...

That costume is amazing! You've done such a brilliant job!

I hope all the voting is going well over there today - if all goes badly, you're welcome at my place in Australia!

Fingers crossed.....

Leah xxx

Hello, I'm Sally. said...

Wow! Great costumes!

We gave the children the option to give most of their candy to the great pumpkin in exchange, the great pumpkin left a toy.

Wren did it, Violet did not want to! Now I just need to get that candy out of the house.